Groningen is the largest city in the north of the Netherlands, as well as the name of the surrounding province.
- The Free Café (fb) offers food for free, plus they do art in bikes for free too. Really cool concept. (Info as of Feb 2015)
- Two free internet terminals can be found at the main station.
- The local banks do free coffee and sometimes cookies.
- The local 'Lefier' (jobcentre) does free coffee and has jars of chocolates and mints.
- The local art school has access to a microwave (and internet if you borrow someone's log-in!) (Info as of Jan 2010)