Books can be a source of inspiration, a source of ideas and a means to spend time.
- Into the Wild (1996, Jon Krakauer)
- Hitching Rides with Buddha (2006, Will Ferguson)
- Ten Thousand Miles by Freight Train. A Memoir of Beauty and Freedom on the Rails (2013, Carrot Quinn).
- Improbable Journeys (2002, Robin Magowan)
- An American Nomad. A Road Trip in Search of America (2013, Stephen Braxton Thompson)
- Tales of a Female Nomad. Living at Large in the World (2002, Rita Golden Gelman)
- Nomad Codes. Adventures in Modern Esoterica (2010, Erik Davis)
- Nomad’s Hotel. Travels in Time and Space (2006, Cees Nooteboom)
- Sunhitcher (2012, Tomi Astikainen)
- Vagabonding in the Axis of Evil - By thumb in Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan (2008, Juan Villarino)
- Peace Pilgrim: Her Life and Work in Her Own Words (1992, by Peace Pilgrim)
- Planetwalker: 22 Years of Walking. 17 Years of Silence (2009, John Francis)
- Dream Weaver: A Hitchhikers Quest at the Dawn of the Aquarian Age (2011, Frederick Keogh)
- Hitching: Tales from the Byways and Superhighways (1995, Kirsty Brooks)
- Norton's Ghost (2010, R. Canepa)