- Alamar - Before their inevitable farewell, a young man of Mayan roots and Natan, his half Italian son, embark on an epic journey into the open sea. A 2009 movie.
- Bound For Glory. (1976) A drama starring David Carradine as the vagabond singer/songwriter and social activist Woody Guthrie
- Grizzly Man - A devastating and heartrending take on grizzly bear activists Timothy Treadwell and Amie Huguenard, who were killed in October of 2003 while living among grizzlies in Alaska. A 2005 movie.
- Into the Wild - Into the Wild is a 2007 American biographical drama survival film written and directed by Sean Penn. It is an adaptation of the 1996 non-fiction book of the same name by Jon Krakauer based on the travels of Christopher McCandless across North America and his life spent in the Alaskan wilderness in the early 1990s.
- The Way - A father heads overseas to recover the body of his estranged son who died while traveling the "El camino de Santiago," and decides to take the pilgrimage himself. A 2010 movie.
- Tracks - A 2013 movie, that follows a young woman who goes on a 1,700 mile trek across the deserts of West Australia with her four camels and faithful dog.
- Vagabond (1985, French, Sans toit ni loi) - Story of a young woman living as vagabond in France, told from the perspective of people who met her on the way.
- Wendy and Lucy - A 2009 movie, that follows the struggles of a young woman and her dog stranded in an Oregon town en route to Alaska.
- Wild - A 2014 movie, chronicle one woman's 1,100-mile solo hike undertaken as a way to recover from a recent catastrophe.
- The Motorcycle Diaries - The dramatization of a motorcycle road trip Che Guevara went on in his youth that showed him his life's calling (2004).
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - A 2013 movie. When his job along with that of his co-worker are threatened, Walter takes action in the real world embarking on a global journey that turns into an adventure more extraordinary than anything he could have ever imagined.
- Easy Rider - A 1969 movie, chronicling two counterculture bikers traveling from Los Angeles to New Orleans in search of America.
- Hitch-hike to hell (1977) movie.
- Kino no tabi - Kino's Journey. Anime, Japan (2003 - ). Kino is a traveler, visiting various countries of a fictional world with her motorcycle Hermes. She shares some insights into the philosophy of long term travelers. Based on Japanese books by Keiichi Sigsawa (anime can be found for watching online with English subtitles).
- Mouk - Animated, France (2011 - ). Mouk and Chavapa are traveling the world on bicycles, exploring different countries and having fun. Series can be found on youtube in French, English, Polish, Danish, ... (intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYNs3MavjNo)
- Bluffing it : Discovering New Zealand by Thumb was a two part series on New Zealand TV.
- Living without money A 52 minute documentary on moneyless living directed by Line Halvorsen. Other resources include http://livingwithoutmoney.org livingwithoutmoney.org and http://livingbigonless.com livingbigonless.com
- Don't pay me is a documentary on moneyless living directed by Ryszard Szozda. It is a portrait of people living alternative lifestyles throughout Europe.
- Nomadbase - A shared experience, short documentary about nomadbases.
- New Age Travellers documentary - Documentary about the New Age Traveller scene in the UK. Includes footage of Stonehenge free Festivals, Battle Of The Bean Field, Castlemorton etc.
- American Nomads - BBC Documentary called America Nomads. People who roam the South West free from the bonds and chains of normal every day life.
- Janapar: ...love, on a bike (2014), a documentary about Tom Allen's nomadic adventures.
- Peace Pilgrim: An American Sage Who Walked Her Talk - an exploration of the life of the woman known as Peace Pilgrim.
- Random Lunacy - the radically itinerant Poppa Neutrino's belief that "rent is the thing that beats us," caused him instead to choose a homeless existence for himself and his family.
- Salt of the Earth - for more than 40 years the photographer Sebastião Salgado has traveled the earth photographing events and changes.
- Surfwise - a documentary about Dorian "Doc" Paskowitz and his family who set out to realize a utopian dream living in a camper.
- Paris 888 - A hitchhiking documentary During early August 2008. Radek, Pascal, Martin and Lily embarked on a hitchhiking adventure to Paris. One common goal united them: to arrive under the Eiffel Tower on August 8th to be part of the first European Hitchhiking Week.
- Train Hopping - Train Hopping - Short Documentary.
- Train in Vain - 2012 Documentary.
- How to Train Hop - From Jeff Sea.
- All Aboard - Official Trailer for a full-length documentary, about train hopping.