Sharing rides can be a good way to get around for not too much money. Still, there are
- Triphopping searches rideshare sites, buses, trains, planes, hitchhiking tips and even more ways of getting around. You can post a ride request of your own, or if you're driving with empty seats, you can offer a ride to the community. You can also find places to stay on your way and see who's around and what's going on.
- covoiturage-libre.fr is "no account management, no notice to users, no photo, no booking, no automatic SMS" ... just an ad (with phone and email) and a search engine. C ' is the basis of carpooling, and nothing more.
- hitchhikers.org, despite the name is NOT a website for hitchhikers. If you want to hitchhike, check Hitchwiki.
- BlaBlaCar connects drivers who have empty seats with people looking for a ride through the self-proclaimed largest car share service in Europe. Fuel costs for the journey are shared.
Focused on one country
- The Edinburgh Connection facebook group is a lift share group for people who want to travel from Edinburgh to other areas (e.g. Bristol/London/Sheffield/Nottingham, Glasgow) or from these other areas to Edinburgh (or maybe even just going through Edinburgh and can pick people up en route) .... and either need a lift or would like to offer space in their car.
- Rainbow Ride Share Redone mainly around US.
Many of these are actually owned by the same company. We should make that clear on this page.