A tent is a portable shelter consisting of sheets of fabric or other material draped over, attached to a frame of poles or attached to a supporting rope. A tent can be a great gear for nomads.
It is useful to protect yourself at night against rain, humidity, mosquitoes, and wind. Animals (like stray dogs) are less likely to disturb you if you stay in a tent. As well it gives a protection for your belongings, because people have to first enter the tent before stealing anything.
Different characteristics of a tent
These different characteristics should be reviewed before you buy a tent :
- Weight : maybe the most important. You don't want to carry a 5kg tent in your backpack.
- Durability : how it will last, what are the materials used in the tent.
- Size : number of people who can fit (for nomads generally 1 or 2). Space on the size for bags. Height.
- Waterproof : is the tent really waterproof. Is there a double layer (much more efficient against rain).
- Price : depend on your budget.
Good tents for nomads
- Ferrino nemesis 2 : Waterproof, lightweight(2kg), well designed, durable, 2 persons tent with space on the sides. Easy and fast to pitch.