Gender Advice for Nomads
Everyone should have the freedom to be a nomad, regardless of gender (and sexual orientation etc).However, white “straight guys” face less challenges than other groups, and are often not faced with the same prejudice and harassment. While all nomads have unique challenges, certain groups, such as female nomads, may require a different mindset and/or skillset to be safe and happy on the road.
This section offers some advice for those travellers.
- Blog called revolutionontheroad about travel, activism and feminism.
Specific News articles
- Hitchhiking Tips for women (Spanish).
- Hitchwiki: Women hitchhiking
- Facebook group: Feminist Explorers (feminism for travellers, nomads, and backpackers)
- The Hitchhiker's Guide For Adventurous Women.
- Hitchhiking as a woman is less dangerous — and more freeing — than you think.
- Should women travel alone? Should they hitchhike?.
- Security Advice From A Female Hitchhiker
- 36 TIPS FOR A SOLO FEMALE HITCHHIKER
- 8 questions LGBT travelers should ask before traveling abroad
- The Netherlands: Female Hitchhikers Defy Highway Harassment
- Women walk alone to reclaim India's streets from fear and harassment.
- That Ungrateful Bitch: Free Travel and Sexism.
- The Mighty Pen: Security Advice From A Female Hitchhiker.
- Solo Female Hitchhiker: Not So Scary After All.
- Why I’m Not Afraid of Getting Raped
- Ana has been a single woman hitchhiker for 3 years and traveled the world alone for over three years - non stop.
- 25 essential female authors - A primer on who to start reading and who you've been overlooking for too long.
- Is it safe for women to adventure alone?.
- A Woman’s Struggle With the Fear of Camping Alone.
- Die Munich Mountain Girls sind eine Community aus 50 berg-begeisterten Münchnerinnen
- Adventure Queens is not-for-profit women’s adventure community
- She Explores Podcast. A Podcast for and about women who are inspired by time spent outside.