Difference between revisions of "Nomad hacks"
m (→Nomad Hacks)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
a decent traveller, know know to bargain, can spot trickery a km away. Thats great, but there might be other shortcuts or hacks you need while you research, plan and travel.
Latest revision as of 18:38, 26 March 2020
You're a decent traveller, know know to bargain, can spot trickery a km away. Thats great, but there might be other shortcuts or hacks you need while you research, plan and travel.
As seasoned travellers will know an onward or flight flight ticket can be required by the Immigration authorities of certain countries before passengers can check in at their departure airport. There are many ways to circummvent (German) this requiremnt.
Rent a ticket: You can rent a flight tickets (travel itineraries) with your name on them to use as proof of onward travel plans when you travel abroad through One Way Fly ($19/ 14 days) or Key Flight ($14,90/ 7 days) or Onward Ticket ($12/ 48h). Of course, you can also book and cancel a flight yourself if you use a travel agent.
Fake a ticket: You can also download a image of ticket from the web, and Photoshop it. You can also use return flights or Key Flight or Dummy ticket flights as a means to fake a ticket. It might be best if you have an old ticket in your email folder.
Disposable Flight: You can book a cheap disposable flight ticket fro ma low cost airline far in advance, and simply dont use it. You can take a chance and book a bus ticket. You might need to persuade airline checkin, immigration etc. that this is a legitimate way to leave a country (over land).
Refundable tickets: You could book (and later cancel) a fully refundable airline tickets for almost all airlines. This may be an expensive business or first-class tickets. These tickets are at least twice as expensive as a normal ticket. Before you buy, check the fine print. There may be high cancellation fees or you'll get a credit check rather thana refund. You can find refundable flights on Travelocity , by clicking the Advanced Options "refundable flights".
Cheap Flights Hacks
Free Wi-Fi isn't a human right, but sometimes we don't have the cash to pay for WiFi, or the wifi we pay for (directly, or with a purchase), comes with restrictions like time limits and one needs to pay to continue using the internet. But, using methods like MAC address spoofing and DNS Tunneling, one can bypass the time limits. As these methods are a little dishonest, one should only use them when needed urgently. Understand, where you can get free Internet in cities.
(1) An incognito/private window will temporarily clear any cookies that may have been used for tracking how much time you spent online, making you look like a “new user” and allowing you to log into the wireless portal again. Unfortunately, most systems track MAC addresses instead of cookies. (2) Turn back the clock on your computer. When all else fails, sometimes simply changing the clock on your device will do the trick. If the airport offers free Wi-Fi for a limited period of time -- say, an hour -- then you can change the time on your computer or phone when the window is almost up. It's an incredibly easy trick that sometimes does work. (3) Hacking Wi-Fi: Maybe illegal in your country or the country you are in (disclaimer, educational only). Get Anyone's Wi-Fi Password Without Cracking maybe not be for you. (4) Use the developer tools console to get around the paywall. Sometimes, airports prevent web browsing simply by disabling the address bar. If you're using Chrome or Firefox, you can use a technical trick to get around this. Chrome: Click View > Developer > Developer Tools. A somewhat complicated screen will pop up. Find the search bar, and enter the following formula to get to your site of choice: window.location.href=”https://www.google.com.” Firefox: click Menu > Developer > Web Console > click the double-blue arrow on the bottom left of the screen. Use the same format as above to get to a site. (5) Download software like Technitium MAC Address Changer for Windows or Linkliar for OS X to change your MAC address, fooling the network into thinking you’re using a different computer. (6) Adding ?.jpg after url to bypass wifi security. Small chance of working.
- How to get past customs with your digital privacy intact. International tourists are subject to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) inspection. This inspection may include electronic devices such as computers, disks, drives, tapes, mobile phones and other communication devices, cameras, music and other media players and any other electronic or digital devices. The number of countries seizing phone and laptops is increasing, with Australia, proposing additional search powers and penalties for individuals refusing to provide access to devices (e.g – for example, share passwords to unlock a device). There is a 3,000 New Zealand Dollar fine for those who wont disclose passwords for their digital devices in New Zealand. Israel's Shin Bet security service has been demanding access to personal email accounts of visiting tourists with Arab names,
- (1) If you are doing sensitive work, keep your files on your computer encrypted. Users can also add two-factor authentication for online accounts that might be more sensitive.
- (2) Do not take devices through Customs.
- (3) Put your data on the cloud where the GDPR [EU’s General Data Protection Regulation] is in force and lease a laptop in your given destination.
- (4) Use the most secure and anonymous communication tools available (Sept 2018)
- (5) Switch from biometric locks like fingerprint and FaceID to more old-school PIN codes and passwords.
Hiding Your Identity
Based on the book How to Be Invisible: The Essential Guide to Protecting Your Personal Privacy, Your Assets, and Your Life by J.J. Luna.
(1) Create a limited liability company, or L.L.C., to serve as as your new identity. (2) Open a bank account with new L.L.C.s and create a corporate credit card with an online company that does not require your name on the card. (3) Carry cash. (4) Get a new phone number. (5) Stop using the phone for directions. (6) Use the L.L.C. bank account to pay for the house rent. (7) Dont use social media. (8) Make up a fake name for casual interactions. (9) Create a V.P.N. for home internet use. Use Your Mobile Browser Instead of Apps. Don’t Connect to Public Wi-Fi Networks. Don’t Leave Wi-Fi Enabled on Your Mobile Device (10) Set up a private mailbox and remailing service. (11) Master the art of disguise. (12) Work remotely. (13) Don’t Use Customer Loyalty Apps or Cards (14) Encrypt devices when traveling remotely.